Are you looking for a really simple and easy to make, yet tasty meal? I cooked up this little gem of a dish in less than 10 minutes, and ate it in less! Feel free to add your own touches.
- Mini chicken fillets
- Coconut oil
- Chilli pepper/chilli flakes
- Cayenne pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Feta cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Heat a frying pan, use a little bit of coconut oil for cooking the chicken in. When pan is good and hot, add the chicken fillets. I seasoned them “in pan” but this can be done before. Add seasoning to your own taste
- While the chicken in cooking, chop the pepper in half and remove stalk and seeds. Crumble some feta cheese into both halves and put under the grill for about 4 minutes
- Turn the chicken when it’s ready, after about 4 minutes and season the other side
- When chicken is cooked remove from the pan. Cut a fillet in half to ensure it’s cooked through
- Serve the pepper halves on a bed of spinach and balsamic vinegar, plate up the chicken
Some great additions to this dish would be some seeds/nuts for the salad and some chopped up avocado to get in a serving of healthy fats. Next time I think I may try making my own salsa – when I do I’ll put up a recipe for it. In the meantime, enjoy eating healthy, nutritious and easy to make food!