I love the crunch of granola but the stuff you buy usually has loads of sugar in it so I decided it was about time I tried my hand at making my own homemade granola. It was a lot easier than I imagined and this recipe makes a huge batch so I don’t have to worry about running out any time soon.
- 250g mixed nuts (from Tesco)
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 50g pecans
- 50g pistachios
- 100g desiccated coconut
- 50g oats (I used GF)
- 30g chia seeds
- dash of vanilla essence
- generous drizzle of agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 150C. Blitz/smash nuts into pieces and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray or two (mixture makes a lot so I needed two trays) and bake for 40 mins, mixing the granola after 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool. My special twist was to add a sprinkling of sea salt, gives it a lovely sweet ‘n’ salt flavour.