So theses babies are a little twist on my frittata recipe, I’ve just made them using a cupcake tray so that I’ll have them in little muffin shapes which will make a handy breakfast on the go or snack for later. Serve them with a big ol’ salad or some sweet potato fries to make yourself a yummy lunch/dinner. You can add your own twist on ingredients, but here’s some ideas:
- 6 eggs
- 6 small baby potatoes
- 1 courgette
- 3 smoked rashers
- half a sweet red pepper
- 3 inches of chorizo, diced
- 60g feta cheese, crumbled
- basil leaves
- seasoning – sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper
- half an avocado
- sundried tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease a cupcake tray with some butter.
- Grate the courgette and potatoes together into a bowl and season.
- Chop up all other ingredients.
- Put the courgette/potato mix into the bottom of each hole in the tray, distribute evenly. Add all of your chopped ingredients, except for the feta and avocado.
- Crack the 6 eggs into a jug/large bowl, season with salt and pepper and beat. Distribute evenly amongst the muffins.
- Crumble the feta on each muffin, and top with a slice of avocado.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy hot or cold!
These eggy muffins make a great grab’n’go breakfast or a quick snack, store them in tupperware in the fridge and have them hot or cold later on!